San Francisco / Las Vegas / or Remote, US
About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of Senior Accountant. You will report to the Accounting Manager and interact directly with management, business partners and customers. You will support the monthly close process and assist with financial reporting requirements in accordance with US GAAP. You are a critical thinker, highly organized, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are an experienced self starter with excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have the ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, an understanding of US GAAP, and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- You are proficient in Excel/SQL and are comfortable with large sets of data.
- The ideal candidate will be a CPA with public accounting experience.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Bonus: startup experience and/or experience in Netsuite and Salesforce.com.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with month-end close and prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Manage revenue reconciliation for Remind Coaching, including direct, cross-functional collaboration with our Data and Operations teams.
- Assist with managing Netsuite and related integrations, like bill.com, Expensify, SaasOptics, and Salesforce.com.
- Assist with annual, quarterly, and monthly tax filings.
- Assist with the Accounts Payable function and input invoices in bill.com.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager and Controller on adoption of new accounting standards.
- Continuously enhance and refine close processes and accounting policies.
On your first day, you should:
- Be able to prepare monthly reconciliations for cash, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable.
- Manipulate large sets of data in Excel.
- Perform variance analysis for month-end close and ad hoc projects.
- Support and help drive initiatives to improve and standardize daily processes.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.