Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety
- OPEN- UNITED STATES
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
We’re looking for a Product Leader to join our Trust & Safety team to help us defeat spam and fraud on our communications platform while building more value for our community of users and our company.
You will be responsible for building a cohesive vision and product strategy, for verifying the identity of our users and blocking fraudulent users who attempt to abuse our service.
You’ll play a key role in designing new fraud detection methods and tools, evaluating and integrating 3rd party technologies and vendors and working with our Data Scientists and engineers to help build and integrate AI, Machine Learning and 3rd party technologies that proactively detect and prevent negative behavior on the platform.
Additionally, you’ll work with other product managers, our care and operations team, the legal team and senior leaders to build a robust fraud detection and prevention system.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, care, operations, and more to detect, mitigate and prevent fraud and abuse.
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for Trust & Safety initiatives impacting the user experience, company costs, and monetization across platforms (Android, iOS and desktop).
- Identify the biggest problems to solve and drive projects from start to finish.
- Understand financial and customer-impacting issues related to fraud to make sound business and customer-obsessed decisions.
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly using A/B testing and other analytical tools.
- Communicate your vision, plans, and their benefits to key stakeholders across the company.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with experience delivering impactful products and features that are informed by data, technology and market expertise.
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with a minimum of 7-10 years in Product Management at a technology company, with 3-5 years in Trust & Safety or Risk
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and iterating quickly to get results when possible and evangelizing for longer-term investments in infrastructure with clear cases for ROI.
- Respectfully candid with experience partnering with engineering and data science on developing, evaluating and deploying machine-learning models for detecting suspicious/negative activity.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who has a problem-solving aptitude and inventive thinking skills
- Resourceful and scrappy, you’re aware of and keep abreast of the overall market and technology landscape, fraud risk and implications, and industry best practices
- Strong work life blend
- Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
- Employee Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Parental leave top up
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.