Senior Director, Project Management
- Remote, USA
- Full time
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
What You’ll Do / Key Responsibilities
The Sr. Director, Project Management will plan and manage all aspects of a Project Management Office (PMO) in support of the Employee Benefits division. In this role, you will oversee the design, development and implementation of large, portfolio-level projects aligned to business objectives and division strategic goals. Projects may span two or more divisions, rely on new technologies, possess large capital budgets, or have significant impact on the Information Technology infrastructure.
As a leader of leaders, you will have visibility into all projects to ensure proper staffing, project communications, foresee problems, assess risk, manage conflict, evaluate priority, and change management activities. Your ability to listen effectively, collaborate, and deliver will be highly coveted as you form relationships, establish credibility, and earn trust.
At your discretion, we will rely on your recommendation to use Agile methods vs. traditional/waterfall methods, as dictated by project scope and complexity.
The Standard is seeking an intrinsically driven Sr. Director of Project Management for this vital role with high-visibility to program steering committees and key stakeholders. Assert your subject matter expertise on exciting programs, while meeting business objectives and operational strategic goals. Hit the ground running as The Standard invests in new pathways to better the customer experience.
The Skills & Background You’ll Need
- Has served as the primary contact point for all PMO activities
- Success in leading large-scale, complex – (technical or non-technical) – initiatives across the organization
- Can lead multiple projects while maximizing throughput and adhering to business needs
- Relentlessly seeks to mitigate risks and impediments
- Insurance industry background is a plus. Financial services technology is a plus
- Background working in an Agile or Lean environment is a plus.
- 8 to 10 years of project and program management experience including six years of management/leadership experience, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred
- PMI, Agile, and/or Scrum certification is preferred.
Traits of a Successful Candidate
In addition to hiring against the job responsibilities and requirements, our successful candidates clearly demonstrate the following key characteristics in their work:
- Business and technical knowledge
- Ability to collaborate and foster teamwork at all levels through expert facilitation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable, creative, and driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
What You’ll Get From Us
- Be a part of the solution as The Standard invests in it’s internal and external partners
- Strong, competitive benefits package with fantastic 401(k) match!
- A culture invested in the personal & professional growth and development of each team member
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.