Product Operations Manager (Remote)
- United States
- Full Time
- Business Transformation
Imagine Learning is a fast-growing ed-tech company providing supplemental digital curriculum for PreK through 8th-grade students. Our adaptive suite of Literacy, Math, and Assessment solutions are powered by the Imagine Learning Language AdvantageTM; a theory of action that promotes rigorous and equitable development of language, enabling students to have deeper comprehension, engagement, and enjoyment of learning. Our purpose and belief is that every student deserves the chance to enjoy learning and the right to fulfill their unique potential.
The Product Operations Manager focuses on improved alignment, communication, and processes around product development, launch, and iteration. They will drive the following critical outcomes through their work and collaboration with other members of the product operations team:
- Give product managers their time back to focus on macro-level work and building products users love.
- Enable the cross-functional product team to operate as effectively as possible, allowing us to deliver value to users faster.
- Empower the organization to use data to drive decisions and maintain focus on outcomes over output.
- Realize operational efficiencies that result from well-defined cross-team communication and collaboration structures.
What you will do
The Product Operations Manager is the pioneering team member of the Product Ops function. They will establish and build the Product Ops function to own the following responsibilities as it evolves:
- SCALING: Define, communicate, support, and improve critical operations which can be standardized across the product development lifecycle (e.g. establishing and communicating roadmaps, executing on product pilots, getting and responding to product feedback, reviewing market and user research outcomes)
- DATA, INSIGHTS: Set up a system to get the right data – quantitative and qualitative – from the right places into the process for creating better products.
- TOOLS: Manage the tech stack supporting the Product teams, administering and creating best practices for their utilization across the organization.
- EXPERIMENTATION: Create and implement a systemic methodology for product experimentation – making experiments reliable, actionable, and easier to implement.
- COMMUNICATION: Facilitate practices that ensure alignment, communication, and collaboration between product leaders and those designing, building, selling and supporting solutions.
- MARKET READINESS: Work closely with go-to-market teams to help launch features and products as effectively as possible.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, product marketing, or product development functions within the SaaS technology industry, preferably in the Educational Technology industry
- Knowledge of and proficiency in product management and software development lifecycle as well as common frameworks for building and launching technology products (e.g. Agile Scrum methodology, Pragmatic Marketing), preferably in the Educational Technology industry.
- Comfortable with analysis and visualization of complex and large data sets as well as with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI).
- Strong working knowledge of product management and product development tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Aha!, Pendo) and familiarity with program and project management software tools (e.g. SmartSheet).
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in online meeting applications such as Zoom and in collaboration tools like Slack, Microsoft Office, SmartSheet
Perks of the job
- Purpose – do something more than just make money — here, we impact the lives of millions of kids through education.
- Company security and growth – We’re privately owned by Weld North and Silver Lake Partners – a private equity group specializing in scaling companies, which has $39 billion in combined assets under management and committed capital. Their current investment portfolio includes large, high-profile companies like Alibaba Group, Tesla, Ancestry, SoFi, Dell Technologies, GoDaddy, SolarWinds, Symantec, and us!
- Benefits – World-class health, retirement savings, and wellness benefits for you and dependents.
- Recovery time – Paid vacations and a yearly schedule built around educators.
- Culture – Quarterly team activities, and the most genuine and fun coworkers you’ll ever have.