- REMOTE /
- STRATEGY STRATEGY /
Algolia was built to help product teams deliver fast and relevant search in their websites and mobile apps with flexible resources & tools. We provide a hosted search API used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries. Billions of search queries are answered every month thanks to the code we push every day into production. Our tools allow product teams to focus on building great experiences without having to worry about maintaining their infrastructure.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join the Solutions Strategy team at Algolia. We are responsible for developing industry solutions to create the best developer experience for our users through building on Algolia’s raw API, open source UI libraries, and other third-party integrations. Algolia relies in great part on its engineers to write technical content. This will not change, but as we grow and diversify our software and client-base, we need more writers.
As a member of the Solutions Strategy team, you have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with the product, marketing, solutions engineering and architecture team to develop content around Algolia’s features, including writing white papers and blogs. Our documentation is online and open-sourced. We rely on you to take leadership and ownership of the documentation. You will be creating high-quality documentation & tutorials for its API and software libraries used by a wide variety of audience.
- Do you like, or would you like to, write technical content to solve real-world use cases?
- Can you adapt your writing to different kinds of readers?
- Can you communicate complex material in simple and engaging language?
- Are you comfortable with understanding code?
- Then apply and let’s chat about it.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Create technical content that shows developers how to use Algolia and how to get the most out of their Algolia implementations
- Review technical content that has been written by other teams like Developers, Solutions Architects or Developer Evangelists
- Create guidelines for each type of content to help other team members write quality content on their own
- Harmonize our content across all our documentation
- Provide feedback on the API, API clients, UI library documentation and products functionalities
- Get involved in writing blogs, white papers, and working with our education and marketing teams to generate public content.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, or other channels
- We might ask for a writing sample, so please be prepared for that 🙂
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions