Director, Social Media
- USA – Remote
The Director of Social Media is a creative and strategic leader, responsible for developing and executing Workiva’s social media strategy. This leader identifies powerful campaign insights to create targeted social campaigns that promote Workiva, its brand, its innovative solutions and its thought leaders. As an essential member of the Global Communications Department, the Director of Social Media will integrate social into the Company’s overarching marketing and communications strategies to help drive demand and stakeholder engagement.
- Build and oversee the long-term, data-driven paid and organic social media strategy that drives demand and stakeholder engagement.
- Closely collaborate with marketing and public relations teams to execute strategic, award-winning social campaigns that achieve business objectives.
- Set and manage the social editorial strategy.
- Manage Workiva’s digital reputation and brand in cooperation with Marketing.
- Develop social best practices and guidelines to support the creation and ongoing execution of an internal followership campaign and an employee social champions program.
- Develop and report meaningful analytics and insights on key performance indicators to effectively assess results, pivoting and evolving plans as required.
- Oversee social channels in times of crisis.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in digital media, marketing, or digital communications
- Successful track record of developing and executing large, cross-channel social activations with measurable results.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms, their respective audiences and deployment scenarios, as well as each platform’s business standards and best practices.
- Strong SEO knowledge to increase exposure to Workiva’s social channels and other owned digital assets.
- Proven results building social followings that drive demand.
- Demonstrated passion for driving big, creative ideas that drive Workiva’s business and platform strategy, and award-winning culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through working cross-functionally with key global stakeholders to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to simultaneously manage, coordinate, and execute a number of complex projects within stringent timelines and budget parameters.
- Big picture thinker who is passionate about storytelling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Less than 10% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.