Seeking a rational and creative back-end engineer for fast-growing YC-company.
We are building a global social safety net, providing insurance and pensions savings globally. Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b).
We’re a strong team of 20, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed stretching 10 timezones (Finland to California).
You will be responsible for building our products and tools on our backend-end, as well as participating in bug fixing days. Our current dev team consists of one fullstack, one back-end, one mobile and two front-end engineers.
We’re looking for a technical back-end developer with strong architectural instincts, and knowledge of the following areas:
- Dependency injection (we use Guice)
- Relational database system (we use MySQL, Hibernate, Liquibase)
- Cloud (we use Google App Engine)
- Security (HIPAA)
- Full-stack/front-end: React with Flux/Redux
In addition we are looking for someone who:
- wants to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- thinks for themselves instead of copying others
- is creative and bold in the face of any problem
- is intellectually honest and have high integrity
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, and during non-covid times we have three to four yearly gatherings where you will join us. The previous three were in Norway, Mexico and San Francisco respectively. The next one is planned for Ljubljana when the border situation gets better.
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you!