As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, ensuring reliability on different parts of the Paddle platform and helping our Engineers to work better and more efficiently.
Paddle SRE team’s role is “Everything SRE”, with a focus on infrastructure, reliability standards, and practices. By following this model:
- It’s easy to spot patterns and draw similarities between services and projects.
- We act as a glue between disparate product teams, creating solutions out of distinct pieces of software.
- Enable product engineers to use DevOps practices to maintain user-facing products without divergence in practice across the business.
- Define production standards as code and work to smooth out any sharp edges to greatly simplify things for the product engineers running their services.
What you’ll do
- Be on the on-call rotation to respond to incidents
- Handle production incidents, author blameless postmortems and enrich operational playbooks and runbooks
- Create, maintain and test our system recovery process
- Monitoring, alerting and SLO tracking
- Developing tools to maximise engineering efficiency such as automating the deployment infrastructure
- Be an advocate of the GitOps methodology
- Collaborate and enable engineers to do their job more efficiently
- Seek out processes that can be improved with automation
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have AWS experience, we use ECS/Fargate, EC2, RDS, S3 and Lambda
- Have a software engineering background, and ideally experience with Go, which we use for our tooling
- Knowledge of platform and ops concepts such as networking and Linux administration
- Experience working with microservices and distributed systems at scale
- Experience with monitoring tools: we use NewRelic, Grafana, ELK, Pingdom and PagerDuty.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people and care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Thousands of companies rely on our revenue delivery platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.