Product Designer (UX/UI)
- Denver, Colorado, United States or Remote, United States
- Full time
Who we are.
We are a small and passionate team working to eliminate inefficiency and financial waste in the world of healthcare staffing. We’re transparent. We’re nimble. We’re always learning. And we’re having a ton of fun along the way.
Why we’re here.
Kamana was born out of the personal frustration one of our founders experienced throughout his nursing career. Having spent more than a decade working in dozens of hospitals across the country, John witnessed first-hand how repetitive processes and inefficient technology results in missed opportunities and financial waste for him and his employers.
What we do.
We build user-centric, feedback-driven software for the healthcare staffing industry. Currently focused on travel nursing and allied health, we enable healthcare workers to manage their credentials and careers from a single place, and staffing agencies to hire and collaborate with the workforce far more efficiently.
Who you are.
You consider yourself a senior-level product designer. You are passionate about solving real problems for real people. You believe that user experience is an essential element of successful software development. You have a growth mindset, you own your work, and you seek continuous learning in everything you do.
What you’ll do.
Healthcare professionals are busy, always on the go, and fatigued from the industry norm of hard-to-use software that rarely works from their phone. An employer’s success in healthcare staffing often comes down to who can move the workforce the fastest through the hiring flow.
With this in mind, we are passionate about engineering user-centric, mobile-first, and hyper-fast technology. As Kamana’s first design hire, you’ll collaborate across our engineering, product, customer experience, and marketing teams to uphold this passion and design the experiences that will solve these very real challenges for the market. To accomplish this, you’ll do things like:
- Create responsive web interface designs for new features, and for improving existing ones
- Establish a library of assets and guidelines to drive design consistency across the platform
- Be involved in all aspects of the product design process, from initial user research through to working with engineering to ensure a high quality implementation
As an early member of the Kamana team (we’re currently a team of seven), you’ll also play an instrumental role in helping to define the company culture and future of work in healthcare.
What you’ve done before.
You have something like six or more years of experience in product design with a strong portfolio that illustrates your:
- experience working across the full arc of the product design process
- extensive understanding of UI, UX, and visual design principals
- hands on involvement in successful software product launches
- ability to create mobile-first and responsive designs for the modern web
It’d be cool if you’ve done this.
- You have ideally been on the ground floor of a software startup – you understand what the journey looks like and have the desire to repeat it.
- We believe that great design can’t be achieved without clear copy. We’d love for you to have experience copywriting for things like blank slates, CTAs, audit trails, and notifications.
- Our team is small today, but we’re on a strong path for continued growth. It’d be great for you to be comfortable and experienced with building and leading a team.
- And finally, knowledge of the following would land you at the top of the list, but is in no way required: healthcare staffing or credentialing software, travel nursing, applicant tracking systems, CRMs, or other HR Technology.
How we work.
Kamana is a remote-first team. We leverage software such as Asana, Slack, and Geekbot to collaborate effectively across time zones, and work however we are the happiest and most productive.
You can typically find us in Virginia, Colorado, Florida, Nebraska, New York, California, or Pennsylvania. Prior to COVID-times we used to meet up on occasion for face-to-face collaboration, which we’ll plan to resume at least once per year when the world allows it.
We often work 9 to 5 but appreciate the need for flexibility and trust each other to find a schedule that fits our lives best. On occasion you’ll find us burning the midnight oil. But it’s more because we want to, not because we have to.
Compensation & benefits.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that spans medical, financial, and quality of life benefits. Think medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K with company match, a flexible schedule and paid time off policy, paid vacations, the tools you’ll need to be successful, and the flexibility you’ll need to put your health and family first.
Kamana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis that is prohibited by law or outside of the bounds of being a decent human.
This position is open to US based applicants only.