- Location: REMOTE
- Job Terms: Temporary
- Title: Copy Editor
- Type of role: W-2 Contract (Paid out at an hourly rate, benefits available after 4 weeks on assignment)
- Pay Rate: $30-37/hr DOE
- Duration: 2+ Months
- Estimated Start Date: Mid January (depending on how long it takes background check results to come back)
- Estimated End Date: March 31, with potential to extend into Q2 for the right candidate.
We’re looking for an Editor who is passionate about exceptional content experiences, search engine optimization, and marketing to produce engaging content that drives new user acquisition and traffic growth. The Editor safeguards our editorial style guide and ensures all content is helpful and of the highest quality for our audience.
As an Editor, you will:
- Editor will be comfortable with editing at scale (they will be required to review ~30 pages for errors per day including spelling, grammar, spacing and code issues)
- Edit content for people in any stage making a hire or searching for a job.
- Ensure all content reflects appropriate brand voice and meets editorial standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of content quality and style consistency.
- Consistently leverage content strategy principles.
- Meet content deliverables for multiple ongoing projects, meeting daily and weekly deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with a team of copywriters to produce content that is consistently helpful for our clients’ users.
The job might be for you if:
- You’re self-driven and have a positive outlook. When you don’t know the answer, you go in search of one. You’re resourceful, patient and remain cool under pressure. You take feedback in stride and quickly rally from setbacks. You take ownership of your projects.
- Creativity comes easily. You can quickly edits articles and craft engaging prose in any medium on a tight schedule.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You write well and you speak eloquently. You appreciate simple, direct language.
- You’re collaborative. You’re a team player and a great listener. You influence others through insights, facts and new information—no bluster.
- You pay attention to the details. Nothing falls through the cracks when you’re leading a project. You believe that anything worth doing is worth doing remarkably.
- You thrive on helping others. Your greatest satisfaction comes from working and helping others. You’ll partner with many teams across the organization to get things done for our users.
We’d especially love to meet you if:
- You have experience editing for a variety of digital channels, especially organic search. You know how to finesse copy to optimize for organic search, and have delivered high-performing content.
- You have a strong background in writing and editing. You have thorough knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage. You’re an expert at AP Style.
- You have outstanding organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail. No run-on sentence or serial comma gets past you.