Business Operations Manager
- AUSTIN, TX OR REMOTE
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we’re passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We’ve built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, driven, and analytical Business Operations Manager to join our emerging Business Operations Team. The group is instrumental in “standing up” new functional units within the operations organization, leading new strategic initiatives, and generating mission-critical operational insights to shape the future of Sana’s business. The ideal candidate can move seamlessly between producing high-level, first principles analysis and transforming tactical, day-to-day tasks into scalable processes. In addition, he or she should have strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally between teams in a wide variety of functional areas. This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing organization working towards making a big impact in a meaningful area. Sana is a remote-first company with roots in Austin, TX. We use modern communication and file-sharing tools to operate seamlessly across time zones on a day-to-day basis, and we get together in person several times per year.
What you will do:
- Own and drive strategic initiatives to produce maximum impact across Sana’s business; these initiatives could touch sales, operations, finance, customer onboarding, provider strategy, underwriting, and more.
- Initial projects will likely include developing a state expansion strategy and execution playbook and enhancing Sana’s financial planning & analysis capabilities.
- Embed with functional teams and bring your organization-wide perspective to establish and optimize business processes that allow Sana’s teams to operate with seamless efficiency both with each other and with the outside world.
- Independently identify opportunities to move Sana’s business to the next level, then develop and own action plans for seizing those opportunities.
- Develop a rigorous and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of Sana’s current business and its strategy in the short, medium, and long-term. You will become an active contributor to formulating and realization of that strategy.
- Learn a lot, work hard and be around really smart, passionate people looking to make a difference!
- Undergraduate degree in economics, business, or a technical field.
- 3+ years relevant experience, which could include management/strategy consulting, finance, and/or experience in a fast-growing startup. Experience in healthcare, insurance, or enterprise SaaS a major bonus.
- Advanced financial modeling skills, fluency in Excel / Google Sheets.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
- Passionate. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Grit. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment