UX Design Lead
Design | Full-time | Remote
GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
We dream of a world in which students can leverage the power of the internet and their own curiosity while staying focused and safe from harmful content on their school-issued devices. We’re building applications to do just that. Our products allow school administrators to create freedom within boundaries by setting rules around access, teachers to guide students through online content and collaboration, and school counselors to find and help students in need. But that’s just the beginning, we need you to help us with what’s next. The GoGuardian UX Team is a close-knit group of thinkers and tinkerers who believe the best products are made with curiosity, optimism, and deep enthusiasm to craft products that make people’s lives better.
Who you are: You’ve led the design of software products or are an experienced Senior UX Designer who balances your day-to-day design work with broader strategic planning, in partnership with Product Management, Research, and Engineering teams, to produce engaging, consistent, and innovative experiences for GoGuardian products.
What You’ll Do
- Partner directly with Product Management on the direction and vision of one of our core products. Propose, design, and validate product experiences that directly connect to business requirements, specific use cases and user goals. Understand data visualization and are able to integrate quantitative and qualitative data into your UX work and design decisions.
- Design experiences that directly connect to product requirements, specific use cases and user goals.
- Produce design deliverables for each step of the product development process from design exploration to user research examples, to final UI design, including task outlines, workflow diagrams, wireframes, interaction mockups, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Represent the UX voice and be an advocate for the user in all conversations when collaborating closely with developers and product owners.
- Maintain, innovate upon, and surpass industry best practices for UX and product design methods, trends, and processes.
- Work with developers to provide guidance as they build out the UI.
Who You Are
- 4+ years creating product experiences for web-based applications and services.
- Portfolio of UX examples that highlight your design process in a clear and organized way, with specific examples from all steps in the process, such as sketches and rough drafts, design planning, and team decisions, communications and collaboration.
- The ability to develop design solutions using quantitative and qualitative data and other sources of user information.
- Fluency with design tools for exploring, prototyping, testing, and producing user experiences.
- Collaborative communication skills and a proven capacity to prioritize and defend design decisions; strong interpersonal skills and strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Enthusiasm to share, innovate, and create world-class design with a like-minded team of fellow creatives.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Daily catered meals and a fully-stocked kitchen
- Weekly yoga classes, guided aromatherapy meditation and on-site gym
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest growing EdTech companies
- You have interest or experience in education and a desire to see technology transform learning.
- You’ve conducted user testing and research.