Floating Customer Service Representative
- Fully Remote • Remote Worker – N/A • PAS
Dane Street is looking for highly motivated candidates to join our PAS team as a Floating Customer Service Representative. Dane Street offers an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and strong growth potential.
The Floating CSR will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining a large knowledge base of all current and new clients for the PAS divisions. They are expected to be able to communicate with clients, reviewers, and management for all divisions of the PAS team, and responsible for the receipt of new cases and ensuring proper system drafting and setup. The CSR also is responsible for taking direction and facilitating the case assignment/scheduling process.
The main function of the Floating CSR is to fill in for any areas of lower capacity for the 3 PAS divisions, including for any scheduled or unscheduled paid time off, or during any high case days to meet client demands. In addition, they will be responsible for any special projects as deemed by the PAS Director, and to assist the CSR Supervisors with additional training needs.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Handling Receipt of New Cases:
- Intake new cases and review/verify information and requests. Draft cases by entering information into the Dane Street system, AccessDS.
- Work with client on any information missing pertinent to processing claim.
- Sort, organize and create medical document listing – if required by client, and in line with specific special handling.
Assignment of Cases:
- Assign/schedule new cases to physicians for review with the appropriate physician, based on location, reviewer availability, specific guidelines, jurisdictional requirements and other client requirements.
- Ensure that the assigned physician has no conflict of interest with the case assignment.
Oversight of Cases:
- Monitor, process and track cases to ensure we meet deadlines.
- Update clients frequently on cases in progress.
- May communicate when there are questions on referral information to ensure proper documentation and information is provided to the assigned reviewer.
- Ensure proper documentation for specified cases is provided to the client.
- Work with the Operations Managers and CSR Supervisors to provide initial/follow-up training to the CSR teams as needed.
- Research/train on new regulations or client requirements with the CSR teams.
- May provide oversight to the work of the team members.
- Continuously improves processes that help to facilitate better turnaround time, peer to peer success rates and lessens returned reports by clients for clarification purposes, ultimately resulting in higher client satisfaction.
- Special projects dependent upon business needs. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
This position involves a substantial amount of communication with clients and physicians/physicians office via phone and email, and constant computer work. Therefore, candidates MUST possess the following skills/experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an administrative or clerical role in a business office environment is required.
- Experience working in a healthcare (medical office, insurance claims, etc.) environment preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Apple Operating System, Google Chrome search engine, Gmail are preferred).
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, including a high comfort level in speaking with the referring client, claimants, and/or physician.
- Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in a Customer Service/Administrative role in a business office environment
We offer generous Paid Time Off, excellent benefits package and a competitive salary. If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment where you can provide meaningful contributions, then we encourage you to apply.
ABOUT DANE STREET:
A fast-paced, Inc. 500 Company with a high-performance culture, is seeking insightful, astute forward-thinking professionals. We process over 200,000 insurance claims annually for leading national and regional Workers’ Compensation, Disability, Auto and Group Health Carriers, Third-Party Administrators, Managed Care Organizations, Employers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers. We provide customized Independent Medical Exam and Peer Review programs that assist our clients in reaching the appropriate medical determination as part of the claims management process.