MarcoPolo is reinventing early learning children’s media for a new generation. The company is a top global publisher of award-winning educational games and videos for children age 3-7. We inspire children to become explorers and life-long learners. We make STEAM learning an adventure, filled with the thrills and joys of discovery, for early learners, parents and educators.
Apps include our flagship subscription-based app, Emmy-nominated MarcoPolo World School, and a suite of free-to-play apps (Weather, Arctic, Recall and Ocean). MarcoPolo also produces award-winning content for broadcast. Our TV series, The Polos, is broadcast worldwide, including Discovery Family (USA), NatGeo (LatAm), YouKu (China) and Nickelodeon (India).
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Senior Backend Engineer to join our team. MarcoPolo is entering a new phase of growth, and this is a unique opportunity to join a proven and maturing business and technology team, as a key member of the development team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in developing complex applications using different programming code languages and frameworks. The right candidate will be a start-up ready team player, willing to push the bar to achieve ambitious targets and not afraid to face new challenges. Hungry to learn and share their knowledge, passionate about programming and new technologies.
- Strong development background in Java Spring Boot (min version 8) and Node.js
- Experience of HTML5 JQUERY
- Experience of developing highly scalable mobile internet backends
- Deep knowledge of payments system (Stripe and Brain Tree)
- Deep knowledge of platform architecture and AWS infrastructure, Docker and its use for AWS deployment
- Deep understanding of web security and content protection
- Great knowledge of good programming principles
- Good working practices of producing clear and up-to-date documentation
- Experience of managing junior developers
- Solution-driven attitude
Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits/incentives to be discussed.
We want to recruit the best talent for the next phase of company growth. MarcoPolo Learning is based in London, New York and Shanghai. We operate a remote working model and will prioritize the best candidate in any location.