In this role as a Staff Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the systems that help App Annie collect data at scale for its Intelligence products. You will be in charge of managing a wide variety of data sources, dealing with terabytes of data on a daily basis, and will play a key role in exploring opportunities for market data driven innovations at App Annie.
What can you tell your friends?
“I’m responsible for designing and maintaining large scale systems that collect data. Together with my team, we provide the foundation for App Annie’s mobile market insights.“
How will you be doing this?
- Understanding end-to-end product delivery, from early idea to a maintainable and scalable product
- Collaborating with a global team of backend engineers, data scientists and product managers to ensure a smooth running data operation
- Partnering with product managers and data scientists to explore new ways to add value to our products
- Designing, specifying and driving improvements to our systems by always asking yourself: how can we do this simpler, faster and more efficient?
- Developing a sixth sense for technical debt, operational risk and data quality
- Estimating, planning and executing projects together with the team
- Documenting and sharing knowledge across the team and your fellow engineers around the globe
What do you bring to the team?
- BS/MS in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- A team player attitude and solid communication skills
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (ECS and Kinesis is a plus)
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in building and evolving RESTful API systems
- Experience with Apache Storm and Kafka is a big plus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- You can be located in Netherlands, Germany or the UK and work either remotely or from the office -we offer full flexibility!
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Ok, a bit more about us
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. The company created the mobile app data market and has been fueling world-class, mobile-first businesses since 2010. App Annie’s mission is to power B2C companies’ mobile transformation and enable clients to deliver winning consumer experiences. More than 1,000 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the gold standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 11 offices worldwide.