UX / UI Designer (Remote – US)
- Wilmington, Delaware, or Remote, United States
- Full time
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45+ people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
Kanopi strives to be a place where clients and employees alike feel connected, supported, empowered, and delighted by the day-to-day operations. We believe that treating people well creates long-lasting relationships and positive outcomes.
And it works: staff retention is 95%, and 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a UX / UI Designer.
ABOUT THE JOB
You are an experienced User Experience (UX) / User Interface (UI) Designer, hired to construct the strategy and design approach for cutting-edge web experiences. You will work closely with Kanopi’s development teams to design/create beautiful front-end experiences and tackle complex problems in a fun and team-oriented environment.
As a UX / UI Designer, your day may include:
- Leading clients and participating in UX work sessions
- Presenting deliverables in a clear and articulate manner
- Creating polished project artifacts like personas, user flows, customer journey maps, competitor reviews, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, mood boards, pattern libraries, design mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Implementing usability testing for user-centric, data-driven design work
- Consulting in all aspects of the software development life-cycle to ensure execution of client and UX/design vision
- Contributing to all UI / UX decisions
- Assisting in the overall process of making Kanopi awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- Must have proven website design experience
- Must have agency experience
- Must have experience working remotely or with a distributed project team
- Implements a mobile-first design methodology
- Demonstrates professionalism and is responsive to client needs
- Responds quickly and remaining flexible in a rapidly-changing environment
- Prioritizes multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment
- Possesses proven intelligence and initiative
- Utilizes strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks
- Commits to delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget
- Anticipates client needs and potential issues
- Creates layered design mockups for responsive theme implementation
- Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in related majors for UX and/or Visual Design, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years working with website UX and/or Visual Design
- Passion for the web and open source development
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
- Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
- Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
- Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!