Technical Quality Testing/Assurance, (Moderation and Technical Support)
- JOIN THE MODS – NEW MODS
Are you a tech whiz? Check out this project!
ModSquad is a global provider of managed digital engagement services. Our 10,000+ Mods chat with customers, moderate web content, manage communities, and buzz in social media for many of the world’s coolest brands, including the NFL, Zendesk, and Topps, to name a few. We bring companies closer to their customers than ever before. From global enterprises to international agencies to hip new startups, our clients have reaped the benefits of putting ModSquad’s expertise to work. With experienced Mods available in 50+ languages in 70+ countries, we’re your squad for the digital world.
ModSquad has worked with this client on a number of tasks, but we are expanding to provide technical quality testing/assurance for them in the asset Marketplace.
This is a great opportunity for a gaming technical wizard to be involved in a long-term, competitive rate project. Candidates who are willing to dedicate full-time to this project will be prioritized (30-40 hours per week).
The successful candidate will be orientated by the client during the first week. Several weeks of project shadowing will be provided at full pay (both the orientation and shadowing)
Incentive pay available on this project to supplement upgrade needs if appropriate.
- 5 am-4 pm PT Monday – Sunday
- Weekend availability required (at least one weekend day)
- Minimum commitment: 20 hours per week/3 months
Ideal Skills needed:
- Game Engine Experience highly preferred
- Excellent command of English language
- Technical QA/bug testing experience or understanding
- Ability to work independently
- Sufficient social skills to interface with Epic Games client contacts
- System requirements will mirror the current Unreal Engine requirements. Windows Only, 10 preferred.
- Knowledge of C++ or any coding languages preferred
- Plugin experience
- Basic understanding of code libraries or debugging
- Strong technical writing skills
Computer specs needed:
- PC able to run most Unreal Engine games/assets. As below, or equivalent:
- CPU – i7 Quad Core 3.5 GHz* or higher
- RAM – 32 GB or higher
- GPU – Nvidia GTX 1080 equivalent or higher
- Storage – 500 GB+ Hard Drive Space
- Dual Monitors – Highly Recommended
- Internet Speeds: high speeds (preferably 100down/10up or better)
Requirement: Remote patch management and endpoint security software installed by ModSquad. We may administer further technical tests and technical QA best practice quizzes as part of the interview process.