Project Manager (PreK-12)
- Req ID: 41902
- Job Type: Regular
- Job Category: Project Management
- Location : Remote, US
Impact the moment
At McGraw Hill, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes for all learners. We are looking for a collaborative Project Manager who has a track record of successfully leading Product Development projects and process improvements.
Do you have a passion leading Product Development projects? As a Project Manager on our team, you will build meaningful stakeholder relationships and guide project teams as they create robust digital tools and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day. This position is located at our K-12 headquarters in Columbus, OH or 100% remote. All candidates must reside in the Continental United States.
Your impact on the team
This opportunity will support our STEM product lines for students Grades PreK-12. You will serve as the operational leader for project teams, with a goal of fostering successful outcomes for educators and students. You will guide teams through project planning phases and processes in the creation of educational services and products focused on the PreK-12 market. This position will also flex to support other disciplines and initiatives.
What you will be doing
- Collaborating with Product Managers to document scope, goals, and objectives that align to market expectations and needs.
- Establishing comprehensive product delivery plans, which includes business case development, product scope, integrated schedules with dependencies mapped, budget management, forecasting, and quality management plans.
- Proactive planning of high-impact risks, problem-solving when issues arise, conflict resolution, and implementing change management processes in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Creating work breakdown structures as needed, mapping dependencies, gathering time estimates, and estimating resources as needed to develop a realistic plan for successful project execution.
- Collaborating with key project stakeholders to build an effective, high-performing project team.
- Communicating at all levels of the organization with transparency, data, and facts. Responsible for reporting status on assigned projects, project financial reporting, and resource allocation reporting.
- Mentoring your peers and serving as a thought leader on project management profession.
We’re looking for someone with…
- 2-3+ years of Project Management experience desired with previous experience managing and leading concurrent projects within a matrix, remote environment.
- Strong commitment to operational excellence, passion for collaboration, and the ability to navigate stakeholder relationships objectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience working with education clients or in the educational technology industry is preferred.
- PMI (PMP, PMI-ACP) desired with experience in business analytics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and process mapping
- Previous experience with SmartSheet and Microsoft Office Suites.
As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we’ll impact the world.