Title: Technical Writer
- Location: Remote – USA
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media, and the broader Internet to verify identities in real time. Socure’s customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. Socure is funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
At Socure, the only way we can further our mission of becoming the single trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
In the role of Technical Writer, you will be responsible for all customer-facing help content as well as some operational content for internal users. The role is part QA, part developer, part customer advocate, part problem solver, part cat-herder, but in all cases fully ready to help with anything involving content.
This role is based remotely in the USA.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely in a fast paced and highly fluid environment with product owners, engineers, data scientists, designers, solutions consultants, and stakeholders throughout the company to create and improve product related documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date technical and API documentation, release notes, and internal company documentation.
- Champion the developer experience. Be the voice of the customer and ensure that we’re providing clear and easy to understand documentation that covers all technical aspects of our products.
- Assess existing documentation to proactively identify and address gaps.
- Provide input on product design, workflows, and user interface text.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Writer (or equivalent)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience documenting APIs and SDKs
- A firm (but not inflexible) grasp of grammar
- B2B SaaS product experience
- Experience in Fraud and Identity Management
- Experience maintaining large documentation sets
- Familiarity with docs-as-code workflows
- Familiarity with the following tools and technologies:
- Static site generators
- OpenAPI, Redoc
- Git workflows
- Command-line interface (CLI)
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend